Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Tuesday, May 31

We had another incredible day here in Rwanda. We are connecting and engaging more with the women.

Today we had Bible lessons about Hannah and Esther. We also had some really great discussions about Godly marriage and prayer and trusting God in tough situations. I hope it was comforting to them to see that we have many of the same struggles.

We have been enjoying their singing and today they asked us to sing for them! As faithful members of the IPC choir, Wanda and I were thrilled. We started with Amazing Grace, which they did not know. Them we started singing Jesus Loves Me, which they did know! I cannot put into words how glorious and worshipful the next few minutes were. Singing the same words of truth and praise and adoration to our Savior in our respective languages is something I will never forget. It was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. We don't share two words in common, but the name of Jesus is all we need to know we are connected with Christians all around the world.

The guys fixed window panes at Sonrise. I don't have any pictures from their day yet. I'll post them when I do.

I will also post pictures of our very fun fellowship dinner soon!

Please pray for rest/sleep, continued health, travel mercies as we venture out a little father tomorrow, safety for the men, the Holy Spirit to guide our words in teaching, and relationships to continue to grow both in our group and with those we encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment