We're headed to Rwanda!
Our Chicago flight was delayed and we're traveling a slightly different route than we expected. We will be traveling from Chicago to DC tonight. Tomorrow we will travel from DC to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (see map), and then on to Kigali, Rwanda. We had no idea "be flexible" would start at our first stop! God is good!
The Lord has already answered many of our prayers:
- Each of our bags weighed less than 50 pounds and the airline accepted all our bags and supplies!
- We no longer have to worry about making our Brussels to Kigali connection.
- We were able to stay together as a group on all our flights.
- We've made our first leg safely.
- We get an extra night of sleep.
- We only have one long flight now instead of two.
Pray that our luggage will make it to Kigali, that this was our only travel delay, and that we will arrive safely in Kigali on Sunday morning.
Two of our prayer warriors, Holli and Anne, came to the airport to pray for us and send us off. We are so thankful for each prayer lifted for us!